Best Golf Headcover Overall: Team Golf NCAA
“With a velour-lined protection, contoured shape, and a first-rate fabric, the Team Golf NCAA provides a perfect fit, wears well over time, and a stylish design making it the best overall golf head cover on the market today.”
Exceptional Value Option: Longchao Black
“Get the best value with the Longchao Black golf head cover. It features high-quality neoprene covers, a long neck, and premium performance – all at an affordable price.”
Best Modern Option: Andux Long Neck
“Looking for a modern option? The Andux Long Neck golf head covers offers a sleek look, long neck, interchangeable tag, and paddings.”
Every golf needs head covers for their drivers, woods, and irons. The best golf headcovers offer incredible protection with high-quality leather construction that repels moisture and secures the clubs during travel.
One of the best golf accessories for any level of golfer, golf headcovers are made to wrap the head safely and securely inside the golf bag while they play the course.
On our list of the best golf head covers for 2021, we take an in-depth look at 25 of the first-rate headcovers made with expertise and care to keep your clubs looking as great as when they were new.
Last updated on 2022-11-30. The links are affiliate links. Product images are served from Amazon Product Advertising API.
Table of Contents
- The Rundown:
- Featured Recommendations
- What To Look For When Buying a Golf Head Cover
- Best Golf Head Covers in 2022
- Team Golf NCAA
- Daphne’s Animal
- SkyDream USA Golf
- MyTag Skull
- Craftsman Golf Iron Head Covers
- Craftsman US Flag
- Scott Edward Knit
- Sword & Shield Mesh
- Longchao Black
- Craftsman Black Leather Iron Covers
- Craftsman US Flag Knit
- Andux Long Neck
- Finger Ten Blue 2-Pack
- Finger Ten Red 4-Pack
- Finger Ten Black 3-Pack
- PGC Black
- GOOACTION Knitted Head Covers
- PGM 4-Count Headcovers
- Andux 5-Pack Long Neck
- Finger Ten Pom Pom
- Sunbro 4-Pack Head Covers
- Montela Headcovers
- Sword & Shield 3-Pack Wood Headcovers
- Craftsman Golf Red, White, & Blue
- Amy Sport Protective
- Team Golf NCAA
What To Look For When Buying a Golf Head Cover
Most headcovers are made with a leather exterior that can repel moisture and keep the club dry during the round. The interior is typically plush, made with soft fabrics that cushions the head to maintain its new look longer. Even if it is knit, the material needs to be high-quality to be considered a great head cover.
The head cover interior will securely lock the club into place, so there’s little chance of the head picking up dings or scratches. Some golf head covers use elastic to form a tight seal around the club head for better fit to protect the club.
The interior of the headcover molds itself around the club head. Simultaneously, the exterior, usually made from leather, is strong enough to resist tearing and reduce the punishment created by drops and other potential damage caused by any accidental impact away from the golf bag.
Best Golf Head Covers in 2022
Here are our top picks:
- Best Golf Headcover Overall: Team Golf NCAA
- Exceptional Value Option: Longchao Black
- Best Modern Option: Andux Long Neck
- Top Animal Option Daphne's Animal
- Best USA Option: SkyDream USA Golf
- Best Leather Option: MyTag Skull
- Best Luxury Iron Covers: Craftsman Golf Iron Head Covers
- Best USA Decorated Irons Option: Craftsman US Flag
- Best Plaid Knit Option: Scott Edward Knit
- Most Breathable Iron Cover Option: Sword & Shield Mesh
Team Golf NCAA
Top Overall Option
- Velcro enclosure secures the club for secure travel
- Three-pack fits driver, fairway wood, and hybrid
- Exceptional designs with dozens of NCAA schools to celebrate school spirit
From Team Golf comes a triple pack of NCAA emblazoned headcovers. Golf head covers in the collection offer velour-lined protection, contoured shape for a perfect fit, and first-rate fabric that wears well over time.
Golfers can get these headcovers with their favorite college logos for a stylish looking ensemble in their golf bag. A wonderfully designed headcover, the Team Golf NCAA is a winner.
Top Animal Option
- Playfully designed with large plush dog heads to protect the club
- Fits up to 460cc driver with incredible padding for excellent protection
- Great for golfers that love dogs and want to celebrate them on the course
For those animal lovers that like to celebrate that passion on the course comes Daphne’s Dog Headcovers. Offering premium protection for drivers up to 460cc, Daphne’s products come in several different dog breeds, including Yellow and Black Lab and Golden Retriever.
The company boasts a roster of over 300 professional golfers who use Daphne’s headcovers on Tour.
SkyDream USA Golf
Best USA Option
- Premium fabric with the USA themed color design
- Interchangeable ID tags for a different wood number
- Secure fit with classic high-quality design
From SkyDream comes the USA Golf Head Covers that feature a classic red, white, and blue design along with all leathered material and a snug, secure fit that protects your drivers and fairway woods. The headcovers are also weather-proof, keeping your clubs dry on the wettest days.
The triple pack of covers also offers interchangeable numbered tags for different combinations of fairway woods.
Best Leather Option
- Elastic in the exterior of head cover keeps high-quality fabric firmly over club head
- Soft plush interior helps protect the driver during travel
- Offers unique stars and stripes design with skull shape
One of the best golf headcovers for protection is the MyTag Skull Headcover. Made with a plush interior, the MyTag cover keeps moisture away from the clubs with a leather exterior.
The cover is stylish utilizing a stars and stripes design accented by a skull, making it one of the more unique headcovers on our list. The cover is a great way to show your patriotism along with your wild side on the course.
Craftsman Golf Iron Head Covers
Best Luxury Iron Covers
- 12-pack of iron covers made with padded cushioning for maximum security
- Oversized waterproof material offered in several colors
- Velcro closure keeps the cover locked onto the golf iron head
Craftsman, known for their terrific covers for golf drivers and fairway woods, add another well-made protective unit with their iron head covers.
A 12-pack of head covers made for your iron set, the Craftsman collection offers premium construction, top-notch material available in several colors, and a nice velcro closure at the base to lock around the club head.
Craftsman US Flag
Best USA Decorated Irons Option
- Padded iron covers made from high-quality neoprene
- 10-piece set covers irons and wedges in your set
- Machine washable keeps the cover looking fresh year-round
From Craftsman comes another fantastic set of iron head covers decorated this time in the red, white, and blue of the US flag. These neoprene covers offer padding to protect the head of the iron during travel or riding in the cart.
The covers are machine washable and have long-lasting durability that maintains their look and level of protection.
Scott Edward Knit
Best Plaid Knit Option
- Four-pack of headcovers offer stylish look for all woods and hybrids
- Fits well in your golf bag with eye-catching appearance
- Double knitted construction offers durability with scratch protection
From the good folks at Scott Edward come the top knit option on our list, their four-pack knitted headcovers. Offering a stylish plaid appearance, these accessories are easy on the eyes and a favorite on the course.
These knitted headcovers offer superb design, an excellent fit on the clubs, and a classic look that harkens back to the early days of the great game.
Sword & Shield Mesh
Most Breathable Iron Cover Option
- Mesh exterior keeps the clubs dry and well protection
- 10-piece set offers full coverage for your iron set
- Stitched with large numbers for identification
The Sword & Shield Mesh Iron Headcovers offer a top-quality 10-piece set of headcovers that allows golfers to easily locate their intended club. These covers slide easily onto the club head securely and snugly.
Large stitched numbers are present on all of these covers to allow clear identification once you are close to the bag. Each cover in this Sword & Shield set is made with the help of top-notch designs that shine through when they’re placed on each club.
Exceptional Value Option
- High-quality neoprene covers with classic designs and firm fit
- Long neck protects the shaft of the club from bag opening
- Comes with number embroidery for easy identification
The Longchao Black Golf Headcovers are offered in a three-pack featuring several colors. Great for golfers looking for premium performance with an affordable price, the Longchao covers are classic in design with a long neck that protects the shaft from rubbing against the top of the bag.
Made to fit most name brand drivers and fairway woods, the Longchao Black are among the best golf accessories for value seekers.
Craftsman Black Leather Iron Covers
Premium Iron Headcover Option
- Embroidered number with assorted colors for quick identification
- 12-piece set covers all irons and wedges in your bag
- With a custom look, the covers are made with exceptional craftsmanship
Another top-notch set of golf headcovers from Craftsman is next on our list as the 12-piece set is an absolute stunner. The leathered exterior sparkles and maintains high durability over the life cycle of your clubs.
For protecting irons, this Craftsman set is a favorite among golfers who love premium golf accessories at an incredibly affordable price.
Craftsman US Flag Knit
Top Knit USA Flag Option
- Slim headcover adorned in US Flag colors with long neck
- Machine washable keeps the white material sparkling clean
- Four-pack covers driver, fairway woods, and hybrid
Another fun and exciting set for Craftsman is their four-pack of knitted USA Flag headcovers. These soft headcovers also have a long neck to protect the shaft on all your clubs. Each head cover is built with long-lasting durability and is machine washable to keep the white on each over clean.
The material is double knitted, so you do not have to worry about scratches or dings with the extra top-quality protection.
Andux Long Neck
Best Modern Option
- Four-pack with interchangeable tags that clearly identify the club
- Easy-on, easy off but won’t slip off during travel
- Exceptional security against scratching and dings while riding the course
The four-pack of golf head covers from Andux offer a sleek look with a long neck that protects the shaft of the clubs. Each of the covers comes with an interchangeable tag to easily mark the number of the club for quick identification.
These modern golf headcovers are well padded, so you can rest assured that your high-dollar woods and hybrids won’t scratch or gain dings during the ride on the course.
Finger Ten Blue 2-Pack
Best 2-Pack Option
- Interchangeable tags help with fast identification
- Terrific golf product with well-crafted stitching
- Excellent fit with top-notch security
From Finger Ten comes an exciting 2-pack of blue golf headcovers that provide a snug fit that protects from scratches and scrapes while you are on the course. The designs on the Finger Ten golf head covers are muted, but if you are looking for a classic limited quantity of head covers then this collection delivers the goods.
Finger Ten Red 4-Pack
Best 4-Pack Option
- Four-pack protects multiple woods and hybrids
- For golfers that want low price and high quantity of head covers
- Padded with identification tags for fast identification
Another winner from Finger Ten is their red 4-pack of golf headcovers. Highly affordable, these covers are a top golfing product in the market due to their quality and classic designs. For the #1 wood, the Finger Ten offers plenty of padding that encapsulates the wood for maximum security. Well worth its low cost, these golf head covers are a stunner.
Finger Ten Black 3-Pack
Best 3-Pack Option
- Great golf headcovers that offer long neck protections
- Classic designs offer matching look with other accessories
- 3-pack covers driver, fairway wood, and hybrid
A well-made 3-pack is next on our list as Finger Ten, a popular brand name in the headcovers market delivers another winner. For golfers that want security, a tight fit, and easy slip-on, slip-off accessibility, this 3-pack prevents damage and is a favorite due to its low price.
Top Zippered Option
- Zipper keeps product secure to the club head and shaft
- Padded exterior prevents scratching and scuffs to extend long-lasting shine of driver
- 3-pack with large white sewn numbers for clear visibility
The best zippered golf head cover option on our list is from PGC, as their 3-pack offers outstanding security during travel and enough padding to keep away scratches and dings.
The zipper is the standout feature here as it fastens the neoprene sleeve of the covers to your clubhead and upper shaft of the club. Featuring excellent designs, the PGC head covers are a great option for any golfer.
GOOACTION Knitted Head Covers
Terrific Knitted Option
- Available in over one dozen color options
- Pom Pom style provides superb looking designs for all golfers
- One year warranty included with the 3-pack
If you are a fan of the Pom Pom look, then the GOOACTION Knitted Golf Head Covers are right up your alley. A great get for golfers that like to show off their clubs, this 3-pack offers over one dozen color combinations and designs for the perfect match to your bag.
Featuring an extra-long sock that protects the shaft of the clubs, this is a fun choice that keeps your clubs safe and secure.
PGM 4-Count Headcovers
Top Polyurethane Option
- Highly durable with easy accessibility to remove the head covering
- Simple to clean to maintain sleek look and appearance
- Made from flexible lightweight polyurethane
From PGM comes an innovative 4-pack of headcovers that slide onto the club with ease. Great for golf in humid areas because the material does not become saturated, the PGM headcovers utilize polyurethane that is quick to clean so your covers will never smell or become dingy. These headcovers will not slip or fall from the club head to maintain maximum security.
Andux 5-Pack Long Neck
Marvelous Option for Big Club Sets
- Designed for quick accessibility with snag-free fabrics
- All five headcovers have numbered tag for clear visibility
- Protects clubs from damage during travel with padded exterior
Andux’s Long Neck 5-pack delivers the goods with maximum security and fit, so your woods don’t collect scuffs and dings during your travel or on the course. Offered with several colored options and designs, the Andux is a straightforward head cover that is fantastic for a junior golf team that needs color coordination. For big club sets, the Andux 5-pack is an unmatched quality product.
Finger Ten Pom Pom
Exceptional Pom Pom Value Option
- Several colorful designs with traditional pom pom look
- Machine washable with double knitted material
- Stretch nylon material slides over the club head for ideal fit
The Finger Ten Pom Pom headcovers offer a colorful look and design that matches well with any bag. The pom pom style does an admirable job of securing the clubs without the worry of incidental damage. Marvelous for golfers that like a shaggy knitted headcover, the Finger Ten Pom Pom is a wonderful option.
Sunbro 4-Pack Head Covers
Top Mesh Neoprene Option
- Offered by Sunbro in six different colors
- Made from high-quality neoprene
- Fits most major brands of drivers and alternate woods
Sunbro’s 4-pack of golf headcovers offer bright, vivid color exteriors with high-quality soft interiors that won’t scratch or damage the club head or shaft. The headcovers, made from neoprene, offer outstanding durability and are machine washable. Available in six different colored designs, the Sunbro set covers all of your most prized golf clubs.
Top Premium Value Option
- Offered in packs of one or three headcovers
- Plush inner lining keeps clubs free from damage
- Rubber string cuff fits snugly around club head
A high-quality premium product, the Montela headcovers utilize the synthetic material for a durable and well-made cover that will last years. With a lifetime warranty, the headcovers have a thick, three-layer interior with a soft lining that comforts the clubhead. A dynamic and well-crafted headcover, the Montela covers come in either a single cover or 3-pack.
Sword & Shield 3-Pack Wood Headcovers
Excellent 3-Pack Value Option
- Straightforward golf accessory that offers clean look
- Available in black, red, and blue color
- Offers custom fit for dynamic security that keeps club in place
From Sword & Shield comes a very affordable 3-pack of headcovers for your driver and fairway woods. The headcovers are ideal for the golf fan who is just starting their golf journey. A wonderful purchase, each golf head cover in this Sword & Shield 3-pack set offers the security that golfers are seeking for the highest priced club in their bag.
Craftsman Golf Red, White, & Blue
Marvelous Luxury Option
- Hand sewn construction offers luxury look with high-quality designs
- Streamlined size keeps the cover fitted around the club head
- Four-pack made from high-quality material for extensive coverage in the set
From Craftsman comes our choice for the best luxury option as the company’s four-pack of golf headcovers features fine leather construction with hand sewn detail. Made with a patriotic color scheme, the Craftsman covers offer plenty of protection for your complete wood and hybrid set.
The covers product also has a streamlined body for a slim look that meshes well with the rest of your golf bag.
Amy Sport Protective
Most Versatile Option
- Knitted fabrics offers softness that protects the club head
- Multi-pack keeps the golf headcover firmly on club throughout the day
- Classic look for golfers that want muted appearance
The Amy Sport Protective Head Covers are offered in either two-or three-pack designed to cover the head of the club without struggling with the fabrics. For golfers that love a low-key, muted color cover, the Amy Sport delivers a classic look for a very affordable price.
The covers also are extended, covering a few inches of the shaft that will protect it from the top of the golf bag.