Best Overall: CaddyTek 3 Deluxe Golf Push Cart
“The CaddyTek 3 brings a quick folding system & the strongest aluminum frame we’ve tested. A super durable cart that contains all the features you need on the course.“
Best Premium Option: Sun Mountain Golf Speed Cart GX
“The GX’s 3-wheel design provides excellent stability, with plenty of storage to spare. Yet it weighs just 18 pounds and can be folded in 2 simple steps. The most premium cart we’ve tested.”
Most dependable 4-wheel push cart: CaddyTek Explorer V8
“For golfers ready to get a little more exercise when they play golf, the CaddyLite V8 offers exceptional performance in a lightweight, compact package – all at an unbeatable price.”
A golf push cart removes the burden of carrying your bag around the course. Seniors, women, and junior golfers benefit from a well-designed push golf cart that removes the additional weight from the shoulders and allows the legs to freely move without the pressure of toting the bag.
With a combination of a wide base and either two or three wheels, golf push carts offer maximum maneuverability, allowing golfers to enjoy this great game and may even help them shoot lower scores.
If you’re looking for advice in choosing the ideal cart for you, we’ll help you take a closer look at what’s on the market with this in-depth golf push cart review.
Last updated on 2022-05-26. The links are affiliate links. Product images are served from Amazon Product Advertising API.
Table of Contents
- The Rundown:
- Featured Recommendations
- Best Golf Push Carts of 2022
- CaddyTek 3 Deluxe Golf Push Cart
- Sun Mountain Golf Speed Cart GX
- CaddyTek Explorer V8 4-Wheel Golf Push Cart
- BagBoy Nitron Push Cart
- Big Max Blade IP Push Cart
- BagBoy EZ-Walk Push Cart
- Caddytek CaddyLite V3
- Tangkula Push Cart with Seat
- Cube CART 3 Push Cart
- Qwik-Fold 3.0 Wheel
- Tangkula Golf Push Cart
- Clicgear Model 4.0
- CaddyTek 3 Deluxe Golf Push Cart
- What To Look For In The Best Push Carts
- Questions and Answers
- Wrapping Up on the Best Golf Push Carts
Best Golf Push Carts of 2022
- Best Overall Golf Push Carts: CaddyTek 3 Deluxe Golf Push Cart
- Premium Option: Sun Mountain Speed Cart GX
- Most Dependable Four-wheel: CaddyTek Explorer V8 Push Cart
- Best Alternative Option: BagBoy Nitron Push Cart
- Best Compact Push Cart: Big Max Blade IP Push Cart
- Smoothest Rolling Push Cart: Bag Boy EZ-Walk Push Cart
- Best Value for Money: CaddyTek CaddyLite V3
- Good Cart with Extra Features: Tangkula Push Cart with Seat
- Lightweight, Highly Versatile Luxury Push Cart: Cube CART 3 Push Cart
- Best Adjustable Push Cart: Qwik-Fold 3.0 Wheel
- Great Mid-level Push Cart: Tangkula Golf Push Cart
- Dynamic 3-wheel Cart: No products found.
CaddyTek 3 Deluxe Golf Push Cart
Best Golf Push Carts: Great Construction and Durability
- Portable with a quick folding system that reduces the cart to just 28 inches tall
- Aluminum frame is one of the strongest we’ve tested, providing unmatched durability
- Wonderful balance on smooth or rough terrain with easy to locate foot brake for stopping
- Light on extra features, but this cart does so many things well
With one of the strongest aluminum frames on the market, the CaddyTek 3 Deluxe Golf Push Cart brings significant strength to this push cart.
Although there are few bells and whistles, the CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 3-Wheel receives our high praise for superior construction and durability. It is one of the best golf push carts, ideal for experienced golfers who need the strength provided by the tough aluminum frame.
Sun Mountain Golf Speed Cart GX
Premium Option: Outstanding Luxury Push Cart With Five-Star Features
- Built-in bracket holds Sun Mountain Speed Cart Seat or other off-brand seat
- Three-wheel design provides excellent stability on rough terrain
- Dual mesh baskets help carry essentials like water bottles, golf balls, and towels
- A little too pricey for those who are tight on budget
Sun Mountain has routinely brought some of the best bags and push carts to market. We have added their latest golf push cart creation, the Sun Mountain Speed Cart GX, as another wonderful product from the company.
Not only is the GX chock full of great features, but it folds in just two simple steps for quick storage in your vehicle. And the GX only weighs around 18 pounds, so it’s light enough for even a junior golfer to handle during their round easily.
CaddyTek Explorer V8 4-Wheel Golf Push Cart
Most Dependable Four-Wheel
- Great storage with two storage compartments for equipment and cold beverages
- Solid umbrella holder and large scorecard holder highlight the special features of the cart
- Two-latch system makes this one of the easiest to fold after using on the course
- Assembly instructions can be confusing if inexperienced
The CaddyTek Explorer V8 Push Cart provides all the dependability and reliability you’d expect from a cart by CaddyTek in a four-wheel edition.
With quick folding, an adjustable handle, and secure handling, this cart deserves high praise for its construction and design.
BagBoy Nitron Push Cart
Best Alternative Option
- Easy folding mechanism opens cart in seconds
- Large accessory pocket provides quick access storage
- Handle-mounted parking brake for holding stability
- Only one wheel brakes, so it tends to make the cart circle in opposite direction when stopping
The BagBoy Nitron Golf Push Cart, Black/Red offers a dynamic 3-wheel cart that provides a lightweight piece of equipment with a quick unfolding mechanism that makes it easy to get your clubs ready for the course in seconds.
Along with the handle-mounted parking brake, the cart also features several worthwhile accessories including a large accessory pocket underneath the scorecard holder.
Big Max Blade IP Push Cart
Best Compact Push Cart
- Flat-fold design for easy storage in trunk
- Straight axle provides smooth roll
- Lightweight but highly durable
With a two-step unfolding process, the Big Max Blade IP Golf Push Carts (Phantom-Red) is great for any age and level of golfer. This heavy-duty push cart features a straight axle that stabilizes the base for smoother rolling around the course.
The ultra-flat design of the Blade IP measuring just five inches tall makes it easy to store in a garage or trunk after your round.
BagBoy EZ-Walk Push Cart
Smoothest Rolling Push Cart
- Excellent foot brake provides stopping power anywhere on course
- Deep scorecard console offers wide area to hold accessories
- Folds in seconds with simple two-step process
- Bulky body size makes it difficult to load in vehicle at times
Built for convenience, the Bag Boy EZ-Walk Push Cart,Navy/Red offers a lightweight, easy-to-fold push cart option for walking golfers. Featuring a wide scorecard console that golfers can use to hold any of their golf accessories, the compact push cart provides versatility along with its premium performance.
With the ability to fold or unfold in seconds, the EZ-Walk Push Cart provides golfers with a no-hassle option to get their exercise without carrying their clubs.
Caddytek CaddyLite V3
Best Value For Money: Versatile, Lightweight Push Cart For Walking Golfers
- Excellent balance with large back wheels that move easily over rough terrain
- Automatic front wheel alignment keeps the cart smoothly moving toward your next shot
- Sturdy foot brake helps stabilize and lock the cart in place, especially on downhill shots
- Best suited for lightweight stand bags, not ideal for cart bags
The CaddyTek CaddyLite V3 still continues the company’s dependable and popular line of golf push carts. The lightweight cart folds into a compact square for easy storage in your vehicle. On the course, the Caddytek cart rolls smoothly and handles rough terrain.
The best features of the CaddyLite V3 include the ergonomic handle with four pushing positions along with the patented bag holder that secures your clubs snugly for reduced rattling on the links.
Tangkula Push Cart with Seat
Good Cart With Extra Features
- Lightweight design has a steel frame that can handle heavy bags while walking
- Foot-operated brakes makes stopping and locking the cart a breeze
- Breaks down with removable wheels for easy winter storage making it great for winter golf
- For a golfer looking for a straightforward push cart, these extra features may turn them away
Tangkula is known for making lightweight, and highly reliable golf push carts that roll with ease. The Tangkula Push Cart with Seat elevates the game by adding a small cushioned seat that gives golfers a chance to relax on the course.
This seated cart may be a bit much for golfers who just want a streamlined golf push cart. But with solid construction and fun accessories, the Tangkula Push Cart with Seat is best for low-handicappers looking for a few extra features.
Cube CART 3 Push Cart
Lightweight, highly versatile luxury push cart for advanced golfers
- Incredibly lightweight with quick folding mechanism for easy storage
- Highly versatile with umbrella holder, friction-free wheels, and ergonomic handle
- Assembles in seconds with adjustment of two rear wheels
- Does not include area for seat and has trouble on elevation-heavy courses
The Cube CART 3 Push Cart offers golfers a lightweight, first-rate push cart. Setting up the cart is a breeze, and you’ll find yourself getting onto the course in mere seconds with the CART 3’s help.
Lightweight and with a sturdy, narrow foundation, the Cube CART 3 offers quick collapse for easy storage in your vehicle. Measuring less than two feet once folded, the Cube cart won’t get in the way of your clubs during your drive to the club.
Qwik-Fold 3.0 Wheel
Best Adjustable Push Cart for Young Golfers
- Streamlined design makes this a terrific golf push cart for young golfers
- Adjustable handle accommodates golfers of any height
- Quick release folds the cart in just a few seconds
- Made for lightweight use, great for kids, but adults may want sturdier cart
The Qwik-Fold 3.0 Wheel is another solid three-wheel cart that deserves high marks in several areas such as construction and reliability.
This mid-level cart doesn’t have many features that will have you bragging to your friends, but it is a dependable cart that can handle your walk on the course with security.
Tangkula Golf Push Cart
Great Mid-Level Push Cart for Low-Handicappers
- Long three-wheel push cart is sturdy and practical
- Very reliable foot brake keeps the cart locked on hills
- Umbrella holder is solid, making it great for providing shade while on course
- Little heavier than you’d expect, but folds nicely for storage
The Tangkula Golf Push Cart is light and durable that provides exceptional handling from anywhere on the course while keeping your clubs secure and balanced.
With high marks for reliability and durability, we were quite impressed with this cart’s ability to roll smoothly regardless of what the course threw at it during our testing.
Clicgear Model 4.0
Dynamic 3-Wheel Cart for Experienced Golfers
No products found.
No products found.
Check Price on PGA Tour Superstore
- Foldable push cart that is very compact and can easily fit any trunk or backseat
- A strong parking hand brake gives the cart quick stopping ability
- Great features such as a cup holder, umbrella mount and attachments for more Clicgear accessories
- Perhaps a little small for golfers who carry a staff or professionally sized bag
The No products found. is a dynamo, providing great folding for storage and out of this world strength when pulling a heavy set of clubs.
This three-wheel cart comes with several perks such as a cup holder, umbrella mount, and multiple tabs for adding some of the company’s accessories for more helpful features.
Overall, the Clicgear 4.0 is great for the experienced walking golfer that wants an easy-to-use hand brake with a strong and dependable aluminum frame that can handle larger bags without issue.
What To Look For In The Best Push Carts
The following features are things to look for when choosing the best push cart.
Easy to open and close
If your cart causes you grief every time you use it, chances are the honeymoon will be over before you know it. This issue includes the latching mechanism to keep it from opening when you don’t want it to.
Size when folded
Not everyone drives a big SUV or pickup truck. To most of us, space is a premium. With one or two sets of clubs in your trunk, how much more room will you need for your cart? Believe it or not, there are golf push carts available that will suit your needs and take very little space.
My first cart (I won’t name names) was so smooth that I hardly even knew I was pushing it. An area to pay attention to is the width of the front wheelbase and whether or not your bag rubs on the tires. Some golf push carts have an adjustable front wheelbase to address this issue.
The biggest decision that golfers are looking to buy a push cart before their purchase is if they want a two, three, or four-wheel push cart.
Two-wheel push carts use the base where the bottom of the bag sits to balance the cart when it comes to a rest. The biggest difference for golfers using two-wheel push carts is that they have to lean the bag down toward the handle to move the cart. On the other hand, a three-wheel push cart is balanced due to the location of the front wheelbase and can be easily pushed to move along the course.
No need to get too technical here. You will spend over $200 on this cart, and you want it to last a long time.
The brake is a feature that is now prevalent in this price range. The ability of this brake to keep your cart from getting away from you should be of importance, as I have actually had one get away from me due to a brake slipping.
Old two-wheel push carts were forever tipping over, dumping your clubs on the ground. This is becoming less of a problem with the advent of three-wheel and now four-wheel push carts. When cart manufacturers now talk about stability, it is a side to side issue. Some of course have a wider wheel base making them extremely stable.
My wife likes to take way too many things along with her when we play golf, so many in fact that she sometimes commandeers some of my storage from me for the stuff that won’t fit in her bag or cart. So it has become a feature that I pay more attention to when choosing which cart to buy.
There are too many moving parts on a push cart that can, and sometimes do, break. As a result, I ordered parts for two different push carts. Luckily I had no issues either time I had to do this.
Questions and Answers
1. Which brand of golf cart is best?
Sun Mountain push carts are widely considered the best carts on the market today. Using premium materials, the Sun Mountain push carts are a cut above their competitors, providing the smoothest roll and most durable base to hold the clubs.
The Sun Mountain models do come with a high price tag, but you get what you pay for with the company’s push carts.
The most popular brand of a golf cart is CaddyTek due to its solid construction and affordable pricing. The CaddyTek offers a mid-range push cart that offers reliability along with dependable performance.
2. Are golf push carts worth it?
Yes, golf push carts are worth it, especially if you want to get a little exercise while you play the great game.
If you have back problems and cannot frequently carry your clubs, the push carts allow for impact-free walking without the burden of the weight across your shoulder.
The push carts also offer large wheels and brakes that lock the cart in place when dealing with hills and other elevations on the course.
Premium golf push carts also carry features such as a scorecard and bottle holder, plus a quick access location for tees and balls.
3. Are there push carts for women?
Push carts typically are unisex, meaning they are for both men and women. In addition, the design of push carts allows either men or women to comfortably push the cart without extra force.
Carts have handbrakes that make it quite easy to stop the cart and lock it in place even when dealing with elevation. Especially when carrying smaller sets, women can easily maneuver and control a golf push cart.
There are push carts that offer colored wheels that can match bags or club sets for a more stylish presentation on the course when it comes to women specifically.
4. Are there push carts for kids?
Yes, since the club sets for kids are smaller in number, there are several worthwhile push carts for kids. These push carts are shorter, carry a more compact foundation or base to hold the clubs, and are lighter, so the child does not have to pull or push more weight than necessary.
Push carts for kids also carry smaller wheels, making turns easier and with far less resistance than an adult model.
Another benefit of a golf push cart for a child is that the price tag is affordable and much smaller than its adult counterparts.
5. Can cart bags fit in push carts?
Yes, cart bags can fit in push carts, but not all bags and carts are built the same. For larger cart bags, such as professional bags that pro caddies carry, those might have difficulty sitting upon the standard foundation of a typical push cart. But most off-the-shelf cart bags sit comfortably upon the base provided by a regular push cart.
If you have an atypical cart bag with a large, rounded foundation, you should check the measurements of the base of the push cart to see if they fit. An oversized bag on a push cart will experience a slower roll than a smaller, more everyday bag.
Wrapping Up on the Best Golf Push Carts
For golfers looking to enjoy a good walk on the links, a well-crafted push cart can make it easy to focus solely on the next shot. With wide wheelbases and the ability to brake on sloped terrain, a push cart is convenient for golfers of any age and skill level.
The best push carts provide quick folding with excellent portability with an adjustable handle and smooth wheels for easy maneuverability.