Best Overall Option: TaylorMade SIM MAX
“Boasting the company’s patented Speed Pocket Technology and Twist Face Technology, the TaylorMade SIM MAX is absolutely first-rate no matter who plays it.”
Best Distance Option: Callaway Mavrik
“With its Artificial Intelligence-aided design, Jailbreak Technology, and lightweight stock shaft, the Callaway Mavrik delivers exceptional length, more power, and improved launch angle.”
Most Forgiving Option: TaylorMade M6
“This driver’s Twist Face Technology can redirect off-center miss-hits for better accuracy down the fairway while its curved face helps minimize sidespin on off-center strikes for more accuracy, making it the most forgiving option!”
The best golf driver for women offers golfers the ability to upgrade their golf club set while improving their performance.
Not only do all of these drivers increase distance off the tee, but even for golfers with moderate swing speed, a new golf driver can do wonders for their game.
These drivers produce faster ball speed, and, more importantly, each golf driver on the list helps get the ball down the fairway for shorter second shots.
While distance and accuracy are the most significant two characteristics that improve female golfers looking to purchase a new driver, another important benefit is increased ball flight, which translates to additional carry.
Here’s our list of the best drivers for women golfers to boost their overall golf game.
Last updated on 2022-07-02. The links are affiliate links. Product images are served from Amazon Product Advertising API.
Table of Contents
- The Rundown:
- Featured Recommendations
- Best Golf Drivers for Women
- Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Womens Drivers
Best Golf Drivers for Women
- Best Overall: TaylorMade SIM MAX
- Best Distance: Callaway Mavrik
- Most Forgiving: TaylorMade M6
- Best Draw-Bias: Pinemeadow PGX Offset
- Best Lightweight for Mid Handicappers: PowerBilt TPS Blackout Driver
- Best Launch Angle: Callaway Big Bertha B21 Driver
- Best Value for Beginners: AGXGOLF Magnum
- Best Value for Mid Handicappers: Autopilot A14 Driver
- Best Lightweight for Mid Handicappers: Cobra F-Max Offset
- Most Adjustable Features for Low Handicappers: Callaway Epic Flash Driver
- Best Luxury: Ping Le2
TaylorMade SIM MAX
Best Golf Drivers for Women Overall
- Outstanding TaylorMade Women-centric golf driver with large, inviting sweet spot
- Excellent for moderate swing speeds that need more distance for their game
- Speed Pocket Technology boosts slower swing speed golfers, adding more distance
- No adjustable weighting for customized shot shape
- Powerful but lacks sophistication for experienced golfers
TaylorMade SIM MAX is one of the best golf drivers no matter who plays the golf club. Whether the top professional male golfers or amateur women, the TaylorMade golf driver is absolutely first-rate.
Powered by the company’s patented Speed Pocket Technology, the golf driver is an outstanding piece of golfing equipment. The pocket is an area behind the face that increases the flexibility to improve forgiveness.
click to see more
Best Distance Golf Drivers for Women
- Artificial Intelligence-aided design crafts high-speed women’s drivers with exceptional length
- Uses Jailbreak Technology to deliver more power to golf ball
- Lightweight stock shaft increases ball speed with improved launch angle
- Lower launch limits carry for slow swing speeds
- No adjustable rear weighting to minimize slicing
The Callaway Mavrik is an excellent driver, best for female golfers that need more power off the tee box. This women’s driver features an adjustable loft sleeve to customize the face’s loft for first-rate control.
The Jailbreak Technology on the Mavrik provides two stiff bars behind the center of the face to power the head. As a result, the ball jumps with maximum velocity on shots from the center of the face.
click to see more
Most Forgiving Golf Drivers for Women
- Works well with other golf clubs by providing a sleek look and exceptional performance
- M6 Driver is one of the best women drivers on the market for distance and control
- Twist Face Technology redirects off-center miss-hits for better accuracy down the fairway
- Bulky driver head demands fast swing speed for maximizing length
- Didn’t find dramatic distance improvement over the standard driver
This TaylorMade women-designed driver, the M6 is a powerhouse. Fueled by the Speed Injected Face, the TaylorMade M6 provides golfers with more distance than other top-flight #1 woods.
The M6 made our list as the most forgiving option due to the Twist Face Technology. The curved face helps minimize sidespin on off-center strikes for more accuracy.
click to see more
Pinemeadow PGX Offset
Best Draw-Bias Golf Drivers for Women
- Anti-slice clubhead keeps ball straight and accurate
- Matte black finish gives the driver a sleek, appealing appearance
- Offset helps beginners and high handicappers square the face at impact
- Extremely limited driver, only can help correct slicing
- Entry-level draw-biased driver won’t win any distance awards
The Pinemeadow PGX Offset Driver offers a draw-bias setup that delivers solid performance at a very low price. With an appealing black matte finish and bright green trim, the PGX Offset also won’t lose any points in the appearance department.
For ladies struggling with a slice, the PGX Offset utilizes its draw-bias to reduce side spin by allowing the face to catch up and get square at impact. While this driver has no adjustable loft sleeve or movable weighting, its fixed positioning certainly helps beginners and high handicappers gain confidence on swing after swing.
click to see more
PowerBilt TPS Blackout Driver
Best Lightweight Golf Drivers for Women for Mid Handicappers
- 460cc clubhead volume provides streamlined power to golf ball
- Gray/Mint Green finish offers a clean, sharp look for ladies
- 12-degree loft with dual weighting for terrific balance
- Hollow sound at impact leaves a lot to be desired on feel and response
- Not as forgiving as other drivers in this price range
Offering a lightweight feel and high swing speed, the PowerBilt TPS Blackout Driver delivers exceptional performance from a club that’s long on yardage and value.
With a 460-cc head, the Blackout does not skimp on bringing power to the golf ball with great authority. The wide hitting area also provides a large sweet spot with plenty of forgiveness.
The aerodynamic head shape also reduces the drag that plagues slower swing speeds, helping golfers get to the ball faster for a better launch, longer carry, and far-reaching distance.
click to see more
Callaway Big Bertha B21 Driver
Best Launch Angle Golf Drivers for Women
- 12.5-degree loft offers high launch with extended carry
- Lightweight graphite shaft helps increase swing speed
- Flash Face technology offers exceptional forgiveness with explosive ball speeds
- Great for distance, not so great for accuracy
- High launch can hurt faster swing speeds to obtain maximum distance
From Callaway comes our choice for the best launch angle option, the Big Bertha B21 Driver. With a 460cc head, the B21 delivers exceptional power to the golf ball with a high launch fueled by the 12.5-degree loft option.
The additional loft on the driver improves the golf ball’s lift on swing after swing, great for players struggling to find consistency with their drives.
click to see more
Best Value Golf Drivers for Women
- 460cc head delivers power to the ball for maximum length off the tee box
- Oversized face creates a large hitting area with solid forgiveness
- Offers value at a low price point with multiple loft and shaft options
- Although it has size, cheaper build does not translate to more distance
- No special features, straight-forward entry-level driver
Another driver that’s among the best for golfers looking for value is the AGXGOLF Magnum. The driver comes with three shaft options, all graphite, with a length that runs just 43 inches, so it’s shorter than the standard shaft you’ll find in your big box golf superstore.
click to see more
Autopilot A14 Driver
Best Value Golf Driver for Mid Handicappers
- Easy to hit, strikingly long, the A14 delivers high, lengthy drives
- Outstanding forgiveness with balanced perimeter weighting
- High MOI reduces twisting for accurate drives with long carry
- Funky shape does not improve aerodynamics when compared to other value drivers
- Not very forgiving on off-center strikes causing extreme wayward drives
The Autopilot A14 Driver gives serious women golfers a well-made tool to produce the long, straight drives that all golfers crave. The A14 powers through the impact zone without twisting, offering a forgiving sweet spot that keeps the golf ball along the target line with its balanced head.
With a low, deep center of gravity, the A14 driver powers the ball high into the air for the longest carry you’ll find in a value driver at this price point.
click to see more
Cobra F-Max Offset
Best Lightweight Golf Driver for Mid Handicappers
- Offers lightweight design for increasing swing speed with authority
- Offset design creates a clean sightline to the ball for better alignment and finish
- Heel-biased weighting creates more control with lower, more moderate ball height
- Helps with slice, but no additional adjustability to fine-tune shot shape
- No milling or extended grooves along the face reduces responsiveness
The Cobra F-Max Offset provides golfers with a wide, inviting hitting area for exceptional striking quality at impact. This 15-degree golf driver offers plenty of launch to go along with its aerodynamic head shape and lightweight shaft.
The rear stationary weight lowers the CG in the head for increased shot height and swing speed, great for golfers that need more carry to gain more distance from their driver.
click to see more
Callaway Epic Flash Driver
Best Golf Driver with Adjustable Features for Low Handicappers
- One of the best women golf drivers available, delivering outstanding accuracy and yardage
- Adjustable loft sleeve increases or decreases face loft for preferred launch setting
- The Callaway #1 wood offers rear adjustable weighting for unmatched customization
- Custom adjustability and high price makes the driver ideal for low handicappers, not anyone else
- Does have a lengthy learning curve to find the right settings for your game
The Callaway Epic Flash Driver is among the most wonderful golf drivers for women. The golf driver increases ball speed via its wide hitting area for high-quality shots with excellent results.
The top feature of the Callaway model is the rear sliding weight. For advanced golfers, you can customize it for specified shot shaping that can adjust the flight from either the left or right direction.
click to see more
Best Luxury Golf Drivers for Women
- Lightweight hosel keeps the LE2 moving at maximum speed
- Aerodynamic head slides through the air with reduced drag for a streamlined approach to hitting the ball
- Adjustable loft sleeve offers more launch with eight different positions for golfers struggling to get the ball off the tee
- For the price, we’d expect more adjustability and customization
- A few durability concerns with the paint chipping after a few hundred swings
For golfers that want a top of the line driver, the Ping Le2 earns its place among the best drivers for women. Coming with an adjustable loft sleeve and an 11.5-degree loft, the LE2 offers a more moderate launch than other comparable drivers.
The top feature of the LE2 is the aerodynamic head that reduces drag for a smoother downswing into the ball. This golf club works incredibly hard to offer outstanding forgiveness, with the thin face also boosting exit velocity.
click to see more
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Womens Drivers
The shaft of the most outstanding ladies golf drivers offers superior strength that works in sync with the club head. Since the swing needs the body and club to work together to deliver maximum power to the golf ball, the shaft must offer durability along with premium performance.
There are several flex ratings for golfers to choose from based primarily on swing speed. Most ladies flex shafts are for golfers who swing their driver no faster than 72 mph. If you find yourself reaching a swing speed greater than the 72 mph threshold, then a senior flex shaft goes up to 83 mph.
Beyond the senior flex, a regular shaft goes from 84-96 mph. Stiff and extra stiff are beyond the 96 mph threshold and are primarily reserved for professional male golfers.
The shape and style of a driver’s clubhead are essential to how it impacts the ball. Golfers need maximum club speed to achieve their longest distances possible. This achievement is mainly reached through design and innovation.
One of the top features of a well-made clubhead is the aerodynamic crown. Most golf manufacturers go to great lengths to create a clubhead that minimizes drag for optimal speed directly to the ball.
The clubhead also offers a deep center of gravity to increase launch angle at impact for more carry that translates to more yardage on each drive.
The ideal driver loft for female golfers is anywhere from 12-15 degrees. The higher loft helps lift the ball for better carry and more distance. The forward roll may suffer a bit with these types of drivers, but the added help getting the ball airborne with more ease offsets the loss of yardage.
You can adjust the loft through one adjustable feature; the loft sleeve. Most new drivers offer an adjustable loft sleeve that can alter the loft on the face at least one degree in either direction. A loft sleeve can dramatically increase lift for golfers needing longer carry with their drives.
A well-made women’s driver will offer several loft options, plus the adjustability, to further customize the face of the club.
The price of a new driver is critical to evaluate because all golfers want value with their new driver.
Most first-rate or elite drivers will cost female golfers a similar price to what men pay for comparable drivers. These clubs cost anywhere from $300-$500. Drivers at this price point deliver enhanced features such as Artificial Intelligence-aided design, increased club speed, and a boosted swing speed.
For golfers looking to save money, a lower-priced driver will run anywhere from $50-$150. These drivers won’t have the bells and whistles of top-tier drivers, but they will provide benefits such as an oversized hitting area and aerodynamic club head.
The sweet spot on a driver is an oval-shaped area around the center point of the face that delivers the top result when the ball strikes this zone.
On shots that slice, the ball has a sidespin. These shots are often the result of a miss-hit, where the golf ball is struck outside the sweet spot zone. Golfers must return the face in a square position to reduce these wayward shots with the impact happening in the sweet spot area.
New drivers can reduce the penalty of these miss-hits through their technologically-aided design. Instead of creating the shot-killing side spin, the driver reduces spin and creates a low piercing flight that stays on target.
Adjustable features are becoming more and more popular on new drivers. For golfers with slow swing speeds, these adjustable drivers can help produce faster ball speed for longer distances and greater accuracy.
The loft sleeve is the first area where golfers will find an adjustable area. With the help of a tool, the loft sleeve can adjust to add or subtract one degree of loft from the face. The adjusted face can increase or decrease ball flight.
Also, for slower swing speeds, adjustable weighting can reduce the severity of a slice by adding bias to the club’s impact zone. The resulting shots can achieve a tighter shot dispersion that lands in a concentrated area for better consistency and reliability.
The weight of the driver must be light to maintain maximum swing speed. There are two areas of the driver that dictate the weight of the club; the head and shaft.
For moderate swing speeds, golfers can accommodate a driver that has slightly more weight. A larger, more durable head can pack quite the punch, extending distance with increased ball speed. In addition, golfers can expect to hit the ball with more authority with a low piercing flight similar to professionals.
Golfers with slower swing speeds need very lightweight drivers to maintain or even increase their swing speed. The purpose of finding a light driver is to hit the golf ball with more power for shorter second shots that can help lower scores.
The launch angle of a driver is determined by the loft of the face of the club. Therefore, golfers need to optimize their launch angle to maximize the distance and forward roll off the tee box.
If the launch is too high, the ball falls short of its potential length. The opposite holds true if the launch is far too shallow as the ball will hit the ground quickly, failing to reach maximum carry.
Another factor that determines the launch angle of the drive is the center of gravity. Manufacturers like to place the CG low and deep in drivers for high handicappers and beginners because it improves the carry and overall distance of the drive.
MOI stands for “moment of inertia.” MOI is a measurement that provides a reading on how much resistance a driver’s head has to twist at impact. The higher the driver’s MOI, the better as the club provides more forgiveness and tighter shot dispersion.
Golfers who lack consistency with their swings, such as high handicappers and beginners, can benefit from drivers with high MOI.
When a golfer hits the ball with the toe of the driver, the face of the club opens, causing sidespin. The higher the MOI of the driver, the more that the face will resist that twisting motion for straighter shots.
The forgiveness of a driver minimizes the sidespin that causes hooks and slices off the tee box. The more forgiving a driver is, the more accurate the final results of each shot will be for the golfer.
Drivers with adjustable loft sleeves and weighting can also provide customized shot shapes, adding more versatility to the face for better forgiveness.
When the impact of the golf ball drifts too far to either the toe or heel side of the face, the driver’s forgiveness determines where the ball lands on the course—the more forgiving, the better the possibility that the ball will find the fairway.
Just like the best putters for women, there are drivers made for ladies. The best ladies golf drivers share similar characteristics in improving accuracy and increasing distance. These drivers stand apart from competitors by amplifying innovative technologies that increase ball speed and distance regardless of the swing speed.
One of our top drivers on the list, the TaylorMade M6, offers a 12-degree loft that can actually be raised with the help of the adjustable loft sleeve. The women’s driver is guaranteed to increase swing speed, along with increasing lift with the club’s low center of gravity.
Not only does this club enhance distance and forgiveness, but the driver is one of the sleekest-looking clubs we’ve seen in quite some time.
To complete your set, check out our article on the best golf clubs for women!