Best Overall: Adidas ZG21
“With extended spikes that grab the turf, the Adidas ZG21 can provide support, stability, and strong foundation during the golf swing. It’s also comfortable to wear and great for a golf walk.”
Best Value Option: Adidas Tech Response
“Featuring strong spikes, the Adidas Tech Response offers exceptional comfort, traction and stability all at an affordable rate! For the best value, you can’t go wrong with the Adidas Tech Response.”
Best Waterproof Option: Skechers Torque
“Keep your socks and inner sole dry with the Skechers Torque. Its spikes are a terrific piece of golf equipment and combined with its waterproof feature makes it a great choice for playing golf!”
Gone on are the days of wearing tough leather golf cleats, and instead, a fresh era of golf spikes that boast comfort, premium traction and stability is here.
While wearing regular running shoes on the course might be comfortable, they can’t provide the grip and foundation of a solid pair of golf spikes.
Available in different styles and colors, the best golf spikes on the market today all share the ability to make sure that you don’t slip during your swing. There’s a big reason why professional golfers wear golf shoes, and you should not overlook this area of your accessories when trying to lower your scores.
Here’s our list of the best golf spikes in 2021.
Last updated on 2021-04-23. The links are affiliate links. Product images are served from Amazon Product Advertising API.
Table of Contents
Best Spiked Golf Shoes in 2021
Here are the best golf spikes:
- Best Overall: Adidas ZG21
- Best Value Option: Adidas Tech Response
- Best Waterproof Option: Skechers Torque
- Best Traction Option: Callaway Balboa TRX
- Best Luxury Budget Option: New Balance Striker
- Best Tour Option: Adidas Tour360 XT
- Best Softspikes Option: Puma Ignite Caged
- Best Lightweight Option: New Balance Sweeper
- Best High Quality Spikes Option: FootJoy Fury
- Best Luxury Option: New Balance Links Pro
- Best Waterproof Budget Option: Adidas Tech Response
- Best Softspikes Budget Option: FootJoy Sneaker
- Best Walking Option: Skechers Torque Twist
Best Overall Option
- Easy to wear with comfortable style and fit
- Provide support, stability, and strong foundation during golf swing
- Great for a golf walk, made with flexible synthetic material
Our choice for the best overall spikes option is the wonderfully comfortable Adidas ZG21. With excellent traction through the golf swing, the ZG21 offers extended spikes that grab the turf and don’t let go.
The spikes are supported with softspikes along the arch and heel, making them one of the best pair of golf shoes for the course. Easy to wear when you walk the links, the ZG21 offer premium technology that won’t hurt your feet at the end of the day.
Adidas Tech Response
Best Value Option
- Strong spike keeps the lower half of the body grounded for power
- Helps provide traction and stability throughout swinging the club
- Durable sole that fits firmly to the foot for maximum comfort
Our choice for the best value option is also a strong release from Adidas, the Tech Response spikes. Not only are these golf shoes incredibly affordable but they are a dream to wear. Whether you walk the course or riding in the cart, these shoes provide exceptional comfort.
Available in a sleek black color, the Tech Response has six spikes that can easily be replaced with the company’s wrench, so your spikes will always feel fresh during your round.
Best Waterproof Option
- Offer a tour feel and look with excellent fitting regardless of size
- Exceptional combination of hard and soft spikes for maximum traction
- Waterproof keeps your socks and inner sole dry throughout the round
Available for players that need a strong waterproof golf shoe, the Skechers Torque spikes are a terrific piece of golf equipment. Made from 100% synthetic material, the Torque remains highly flexible and a great buy.
If you need a combination sole that offers hard spikes with terrific grip and soft spikes that lessen the burden on the body, the Torque’s sole provides both. Each style of cleat is well made and will keep you from slipping during swinging.
Callaway Balboa TRX
Best Traction Option
- Variable spike pattern keeps toes locked into turf
- Available in four colors including black
- Easy comfort with well-fitting size options
If you are having trouble staying grounded during your takeaway, the Callaway Balboa TRX spikes could be the answer to all of your problems. Wonderful golf cleats like the Balboa TRX offers a sleek look with plenty of color options.
The seven hard spikes work in unison with the softspikes along the interior of the outer soled area for maximum traction. A popular shoe on tour, the Balboa TRX offers a slice of luxury for the amateur golfer looking for a wonderful buy with an excellent fitting.
New Balance Striker
Best Luxury Budget Option
- Exceptional buy at low price for luxury golf shoe
- Far reaching cleat helps stabilize the lower half of the body during swinging
- Tour-level cleats with modern look fueled by innovative technology
A high-tech golf shoe that can help keep the golfer grounded throughout their takeaway and downswing, the New Balance Striker are an aggressively solid golf shoe. These softspikes Pulsar tipped golf spikes are available in black and for an excellent price considering they share the quality of a tour-level shoe.
Offering extensive comfort, the seven-spike shoe offers exceptional traction with easy replacement via the company’s spike wrench.
Adidas Tour360 XT
Best Tour Option
- Top tour-level golf cleat that are easy to wear
- Offers fantastic balance with an even foundation for swinging the club
- Soft outer layer helps comfort the ankles and lower body
The Tour360XT utilizes premium technology to create one pair of outstanding golf shoes for the golfer that wants tour spikes for their game. These best golf shoes offer a low profile for the golf course, but provide wonderful comfort with their spikes.
With eight hard spikes, the Tour360 does come at an elevated price, especially when you throw in the company’s wrench to replace spikes. Soft enough to walk your round, the Tour360 XT offers a heavy-duty grip for swinging the club at maximum speed.
Puma Ignite Caged
Best Softspikes Option
- Strategically placed hard cleats work with best soft spike option on list for terrific grip
- Unique cleat system helps ground the golfer during entire act of swinging
- Available in several exciting colors and patterns to match any outfit
From Puma comes the thrilling Ignite Caged golf cleats. Working with the best system of softspikes we’ve seen in a golf shoe, the Ignite Caged offers seven uniquely placed spikes to help you anchor to the ground.
For players that want a luxurious option among the best golf cleats, the Ignite Caged is a remarkable golf shoe that uses its design to create maximum performance for the golfer.
New Balance Sweeper
Best Lightweight Option
- High-grade waterproof outer layer keeps interior dry throughout round
- Easily removable softspikes Pulsar keep cleats fresh over life of shoes
- Lightweight midsole offers excellent cushioning with each step
The Sweeper shoe from New Balance is our choice for the best lightweight option due to it’s strong but highly flexible midsole. The Sweeper spikes also has a first-rate waterproof outer layer that keeps the sock and skin dry throughout the round.
The shoe also features the company’s removable softspikes Pulsar system that ground the lower body to the turf for full turns on the backswing.
Best High Quality Spikes Option
- Dual Density Foam offers custom comfort along the interior
- Excellent comfort with tour-proven results
- Offers marvelous spikes with far-reaching grip into the turf
The FootJoy Fury continues the company’s long line of high quality golf shoes. With a soft stretch, the Fury offers a custom fit that holds the toes in place during all movement. The softspikes can be replaced in seconds with an additional wrench from FootJoy.
The spike system offers an even step for players that need balance. 100% waterproof and available in black, the Fury is an outstanding cleat that may hit the high side of the price scale, but the performance makes this shoe an easy winner.
FootJoy Tour X
Best Luxury Option
- First-rate spikes with fine craftsmanship and fit
- Cleats help ground the golfer for maximum speed swings
- Nine spikes provide top-notch traction
For golfers looking for the best golf shoe in the luxury category, the FootJoy Tour X is here. A masterfully designed golf shoe, the Tour X offers stability, comfort, control, and waterproofing.
These cleats offer a laser plus fit system from the company that stabilizes the instep for increased cushioning on each step.
Golfers that need top of the line cleats will find that the Tour X are hard to beat. These best golf shoes excel in performance, their sleek black outer layer, and the premium traction of the golf spikes.
- Built like tour-level golf cleats with exceptional softspikes
- High-grade waterproof outer layer keeps the interior dry over the entire round
- A terrific buy with tour-level performance for low price point
A marvelous buy for the budget-conscious golfer, the Links Pro are like a luxury shoe for minimal cost. Terrific spikes for mid and high handicappers, the Links Pro features a waterproof outer layer, expansive cleats, and one of the most admired spike system you’ll find on lower priced cleats.
Easily removable with a wrench, these Links Pro softspikes make the golfer feel little need to worry about slipping or falling on the links.
Best Softspikes Budget Option
- High-quality cleat keeps the body grounded for max power
- Softspikes offer competition grip on any turf
- Offered in black and white waterproof outer layer options
The Sneaker from FootJoy offers lightweight cushioning, a molded fitting, and complete waterproofing to protect the interior from the wettest weather. These black shoes offer plenty of traction that keeps the lower leg in place for maximum power on the backswing.
The Sneaker utilizes the shoe’s cushioning to provide players with a golf cleat that is durable and will maintain its shape over the entire length of the spikes’ shelf life. A wonderful shoe, the Sneaker is a fantastic buy for players hoping to save money for their equipment.
Skechers Torque Twist
Best Walking Option
- Excellent buy for waterproof shoe with high-grade cleat
- Spikes easily replaced with wrench for quick change on the go
- Soft soled that couples with softer spikes to help cushion on each step
From Skechers comes the Torque Twist, a fully waterproof golf shoe that helps make the golfer more confident in their foundation. One of more admired companies for golf shoes, Skechers designed the Torque Twist with cushioning to make each step an absolute dream on the course.
The shoe’s spikes are easily replaced with a wrench if one begins to slip during your round. If you love a walk on the links, the Torque Twist offers a comfort level that remains unmatched among its competitors.