Best TaylorMade golf ball overall: TaylorMade 2021 TP5x
“With a five-layer construction, high compression, high launch and great distance, the TaylorMade TP5x is one of the favorite Taylormade golf balls today.”
Best TaylorMade golf ball for distance: TaylorMade 2021 TP5
“Featuring incredible speed, exceptional feel and distance, and dual spin cover, the TaylorMade TP5 is an absolute dynamo with long distance, an energetic core, and soft touch once you reach the green making it the best distance option.”
Best TaylorMade golf ball for putting: TaylorMade TP5 Pix 2.0
“The TaylorMade TP5 Pix features a ClearPath Alignment which provides a failproof way of finding the right line to the cup so you can align your body to the ball for better accuracy making it the best putting option!”
TaylorMade has held the torch for many years in the golf equipment industry as one of the outstanding golf ball manufacturers on the market.
Their innovative design, routinely featuring an advanced dimple pattern, a multi-layer core, and either a durable urethane or ionomer cover, is unmatched by competitors.
On our list of the best TaylorMade Golf Balls in 2021, we take a deeper look at individual golf balls that meet the standard and reputation of this long time golf company.
With selections for high and low handicappers, plus beginners, there are golf balls for every level of golfer on this extensive list.
Last updated on 2021-09-17. The links are affiliate links. Product images are served from Amazon Product Advertising API.
Table of Contents
- The Rundown:
- Featured Recommendations
- About TaylorMade Golf
- Why Use TaylorMade Golf Balls
- Best TaylorMade Golf Balls
- TaylorMade 2021 TP5x Golf Balls
- TaylorMade 2021 TP5 Golf Balls
- TaylorMade TP5 Pix 2.0 Golf Balls
- TaylorMade Noodle Long & Soft Golf Balls
- TaylorMade RBZ Golf Balls
- TaylorMade Project A Golf Balls
- TaylorMade Tour Response Golf Balls
- TaylorMade Soft Response Golf Balls
- TaylorMade Noodle Easy Distance Golf Balls
- TaylorMade Distance+
- TaylorMade Kalea
- TaylorMade 2021 TP5x Golf Balls
- What Is the Best Taylormade Golf Ball?
- Should I Use Taylormade TP5 or Tp5x?
- What Is the Best Golf Ball on the Market?
- What Is the Best Golf Ball for the Average Golfer?
- Wrapping Up on the Best TaylorMade Golf Balls
About TaylorMade Golf
The golf equipment company, TaylorMade, has produced first-rate clubs and golf balls for a few decades. Founded in 1979 by Gary Adams, TaylorMade sold just one club when they entered the golf equipment business, a 12-degree metal wood.
In 1997, Adidas bought Salomon, the owner of TaylorMade, and redirected the company’s business model to become the biggest seller of drivers in the world. In late 2005, TaylorMade reached their goal and became the top company in driver sales.
Adidas sold TaylorMade in 2017 for the price of $425 million. Today, the company is owned by Centroid Investment Partners.
Recently, Golf Monthly named two of the company’s clubs, the Burner Bubble Driver and the R7 Quad Driver with its four movable weights as two of the company’s greatest creations to the golf equipment market.
Currently, TaylorMade holds equipment partnerships with some of the best golfers in the world, including Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, and Rickie Fowler.
Why Use TaylorMade Golf Balls
TaylorMade utilizes cutting edge technology to create innovative methods to increase ball speed for maximum distance along with multi-layer designs that add softness while boosting spin.
If you are looking for better performance from your driver, a TaylorMade ball, such as the TP5, can boost speeds translating into more distance with close shot dispersion, to help keep you on the fairway.
Whether you are playing your second shot from the thin grass of the fairway or the rough, the TP5 provides clean contact with maximum speed. Even on shots that drift toward the toe, the ball stays hot for far-reaching distance.
On the green, TaylorMade golf balls offer soft feel and immediate response, making the ball one of the best on mid-range putts. The alignment guide along the outer shell also provides an easy way to get the putt along the target line quickly and accurately.
Best TaylorMade Golf Balls
- Best TaylorMade Golf Ball Overall: TaylorMade TP5x
- Best TaylorMade Golf Ball for Distance: TaylorMade TP5
- Best TaylorMade Golf Ball for Putting: TaylorMade TP5 Pix 2.0
- Best for High Handicappers: TaylorMade Noodle Long & Soft Golf Balls
- Best Value Option for Mid Handicappers: TaylorMade RBZ Golf Balls
- Best Three-Piece Option: TaylorMade Project A Golf Balls
- Best Option for Improving Feel: TaylorMade Tour Response Golf Balls
- Best Greenside Control Option: TaylorMade Soft Response Golf Balls
- Best for Beginners: TaylorMade Noodle Easy Distance Golf Balls
- Best Value Option for Beginning Golfers: TaylorMade Distance+
- Best Option for Women Golfers: TaylorMade Kalea
TaylorMade 2021 TP5x Golf Balls
Best TaylorMade Golf Ball Overall
- Five-layer construction provides exceptional greenside control and long distance
- High compression makes the TP5x great for fast swing speeds
- Every shot comes off the face with high launch and great distance
Our top spot on the best TaylorMade golf balls list goes to the TP5x. Featuring a multi-layer construction, soft feel and exciting distance, the TaylorMade TP5x works very well for the professional golfer and the weekend warrior.
TaylorMade TP5x golf balls offer golfers five layers of construction with each level providing a specific benefit. The Tri-Fast Core, taking up the three most internal layers, creates high spin with excellent energy transfer after leaving the face.
The TP5x is a wonderful upgrade that is worth considering for all levels of golfers.
TaylorMade 2021 TP5 Golf Balls
Best TaylorMade Golf Ball for Distance
- Incredible speed with outstanding ball flight due to energetic inner core
- Exceptional distance and feel with Tri Fast Core that offers mid-level compression
- Dual Spin Cover, a urethane cover, produces high spin on wedge shots
The TaylorMade TP5 golf ball ranks as tour level, but ideal for advanced golfers looking for less spin off the tee and more workability inside 150 yards.
The ball features the company’s Dual Spin Cover, Tri-Fast Core, and five-level construction. Each feature works hard to deliver the type of a performance you’d expect from TaylorMade and a ball at this price point.
TaylorMade TP5 Pix 2.0 Golf Balls
Best TaylorMade Golf Ball for Putting
- Softer feel with incredible control around the greens
- Advanced dimple pattern creates high spin with low drag
- High contrast urethane cover provides better visibility on long shots
The TaylorMade TP5 Pix 2.0 Golf Balls is another outstanding version of this popular line of golf balls. TaylorMade Golf has designed another of the TP5 balls that provides outstanding visibility from anywhere on the course.
The best feature of these TaylorMade TP5 golf balls is the ClearPath Alignment along the side of the ball. On the green, the alignment guide provides a failproof way of finding the right line to the cup. The ClearPath guide also allows the golfer to align their body to the ball for better accuracy.
TaylorMade Noodle Long & Soft Golf Balls
Best Distance Option for High Handicappers
- Inner core offers exceptional distance with lower compression for beginning golfers
- High speed off the face for extended distance with high launch and outstanding ball flight
- Great two-piece ball that offers excellent energy transfer for long distance with your preferred golf club
TaylorMade also makes the popular Noodle line of golf balls and their latest version, the Long & Soft, is a real two-piece pleasure. Made from a soft iothane cover, the Long & Soft offers a low price alternative for adding distance and spin to your game.
Off the tee box, the Long & Soft offers considerable distance with the driver. Since this is a low compression golf ball, the core does the work with excellent energy transfer
TaylorMade RBZ Golf Balls
Best Value Option for Mid Handicappers
- Soft feel inside 100 yards with wedge shots that offer high accuracy for first-rate golf play
- Low compression golf ball with React Core offers dual distance core for more length
- Excellent dimple design produces low drag with driver with a softer feel around greens
The TaylorMade RBZ Golf Balls offer terrific value for a softer two-piece golf ball featuring the company’s patented React Core. Like the Noodle golf balls on this list, TaylorMade has gone above and beyond with their craftsmanship on this low price ball.
On the tee box, the TaylorMade RBZ soft golf balls utilizes the advanced dimple system and soft ionomer cover to minimize side spin for straighter and longer drives.
TaylorMade Project A Golf Balls
Best Three-Piece Option
- Made with softer feel and three layer design for more spin and control around the greens
- Advanced design streamlines the outer layer for low drag off tee box and high spin with short irons
- Marvelous three-layer tour ball that offer innovative features with minimal compression
One of the company’s best kept secrets, and an easy choice for the best TaylorMade golf balls list, is their dazzling TaylorMade Project A Golf Ball.
The ball is powered by the company’s Dual Distance Core, a new take on their React Core innovation. The dual-layer core offers dramatic distance that makes it one of the company’s longest golf balls. TaylorMade claims the ball offers tour technology with soft feel, and after you take the Project A Golf Balls for a test drive, you’ll definitely agree.
TaylorMade Tour Response Golf Balls
Best Option for Improving Feel
- Exceptional durability on golf course with long distance and solid feel at impact
- High-quality cover offers high spin on chip and pitch shots for improving short game
- Low compression core with cushioned feel provides one of the best golf balls available on the market
Another new offering from TaylorMade is their Tour Response Golf Ball. The ball features lower compression that works for the golfer, along with softer feel, exceptional ball speed, and backspin.
The soft ionomer cover offers a softness that works well around the Hi-Spring Core, that was designed much like the company’s popular React Core. The outer layer, made from urethane, also helps create the backspin that tour preferred golfers seek for their game.
TaylorMade Soft Response Golf Balls
Best Greenside Control Option
- Minimal compression three-piece ball with higher launch than other golf balls at this price point
- Softer feel around the greens with shot-stopping power inside 150 yards
- Extended dimple design pattern produces minimal drag off the tee box for more length
Another fantastic soft golf ball that makes it way onto our list of the best TaylorMade golf balls is the
TaylorMade Golf loves producing high-level golf balls and the Soft Response is a worthy addition among the best they’ve ever produced.
TaylorMade Noodle Easy Distance Golf Balls
Best Distance Option for Beginners
- Durable outer layer provides soft feel for beginners that need more touch in their game
- Straighter flight with advanced dimple design simulates tour-level performance from two-piece golf ball
- One of the best golf balls at low price point provides terrific value with excellent results
Another low price golf ball distributed by TaylorMade that meets the needs of beginning golfers is the Noodle Easy Distance. Like its name, the ball works to get the golfer down the fairway with minimal effort.
The best TaylorMade golf balls offer the same features you’ll find on the Easy Distance. From a softer outer layer to an energetic core, the Easy Response provides a low price, high performance series of golf balls.
Best Value Option for Beginning Golfers
- Aerodynamic, low drag 342 dimple system
- Low spin with energetic core for long distance
- Incredibly affordable price, great for budget golfers
TaylorMade’s most affordable golf ball, the Distance+, offers an energetic core and long distance, making it ideal for beginners and high handicappers. The ball features an aerodynamic dimple system that produces low spin off the tee box and admirable spin rates around the green.
Built for distance, this TaylorMade 2-piece golf ball won’t deliver softness, but will increase your length with each swing.
Best Option for Women Golfers
- Available in several vibrant, fun colors
- Soft ionomer cover produces nice spin rates
- High-Energy React Core maximizes length on each shot
Offering high launch with a stylish outer layer, the TaylorMade Kalea offers premium performance for women golfers. Available in several exciting colors, the Kalea comes with a low compression core for easy lift with impressive power.
Great for mid handicappers, the Kalea produces high spin rates around the putting surface, allowing you to dial in short game shots that easily reach the pin.
What Is the Best Taylormade Golf Ball?
The TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x are clearly the best golf balls that the company offers golfers. Both golf balls provide low spin off the tee, high spin around the green, and terrific durability keeps your game running at a high-rate. Made for professionals, but worth your time, the TP5 and TP5x remain a cut above its competition.
Should I Use Taylormade TP5 or Tp5x?
While both golf balls use the same foundation for their terrific performance, there are subtle differences. The TP5 offers mid-high iron launch, higher spin than the TP5x, and low driver spin. The TP5x provides high launch with irons, faster ball speed, and a firm feel on the greens.
What Is the Best Golf Ball on the Market?
The Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x remain the best golf ball on the market. The most popular golf ball on the PGA Tour delivers distance, spin, and accuracy with staggering regularity. The soft outer layer produces high spin for short game mastery, while the low spin off the tee shortens the length of entry shots into the green.
What Is the Best Golf Ball for the Average Golfer?
TaylorMade’s Tour Response golf ball offers dynamic performance for the average golfer. The 3-piece golf ball provides a soft outer cover, a high-spin core, and marvelous feel around the greens. With durability and accuracy, the Tour Response provides a first-rate experience for golfers that want a tour-level golf ball without paying the price for one.
Wrapping Up on the Best TaylorMade Golf Balls
TaylorMade has long crafted some of the best golf balls on the market today. Products like the TaylorMade TP5 golf balls are enjoyed by professional golfers and amateurs alike for their lengthy distance and wonderful feel.
The TaylorMade TP5x is our choice as the best overall TaylorMade golf ball. Although it comes with a price reserved for tour-level golf balls, the TP5x delivers accessibility for any skill set among golfers.
The Tri-Fast Core, highly durable cast urethane cover, and speed layer system increase ball speed and distance with each and every swing.
Each golf ball on our list of the best TaylorMade Golf Balls will certainly meet your needs and produce the results you want from a top-tier golf ball.