Best overall: Titleist Velocity
“Titleist Velocity has a terrific compression that helps golfers with slow swing speeds. Its advanced design and exceedingly long distance from the tee box makes is what you need to add more yards to your game.”
Best for mid-handicappers: Callaway Superhot
“For a mid handicapper on a budget, there’s nothing better than the Callaway Superhot. It has a high energy core that creates staggering MPH and is built to create a marvelous feel.“
Best for beginning golfers: TaylorMade Distance+
“Newbie golfers looking for a budget option will find value in the TaylorMade Distance+. At an affordable price, you can buy a golf ball that can create a staggering length.”
The first step to adding more yards to your game is looking at upgrading the golf ball you play.
Regardless of whether the balls are made with two-piece construction or multi-layer sophistication, these new distance balls are worthwhile additions to your golf bag.
Our list of the longest golf balls for distance all offer low spin off the tee, low compression, a dynamic outer cover, and exceptional feel that results in unbelievable length.
Last updated on 2021-12-05. The links are affiliate links. Product images are served from Amazon Product Advertising API.
Table of Contents
- The Rundown:
- Featured Recommendations
- Best Golf Balls for Distance
- Questions & Answers
- Final Thoughts
Best Golf Balls for Distance
- Best overall: Titleist Velocity
- Best budget for mid handicappers: Callaway Superhot
- Best value for beginning golfers: TaylorMade Distance+
- Best for low handicappers: Titleist AVX
- Best entry-level balls for high handicappers: Nitro Ultimate Distance
- Best for mid handicappers: Snell MTB-X
- Best for high-speed swingers: Titleist Pro V1
- Best for High Handicappers: Srixon Distance
- Best for High Handicappers: Bridgestone e12 Contact
- Best for Mid Handicappers: Wilson Staff DUO Professional
- Best Value Golf Balls for Beginning Golfers: Vice Golf White
- Exceptionally long ball that delivers extra distance
- High-quality 2-piece ball that works best off tee box
- Terrific compression helps golfers with slow swing speeds
The Titleist Velocity golf balls is our choice for the best overall option on this list due to its advanced design and exceedingly long distance from the tee box. Not only does the Velocity lower the spin from the tee box, but it offers workability when you have any of your irons in hand.
With most golf balls at this price point, you’d expect distance and outstanding control near the green and that is what the Velocity delivers with flair.
Best Budget for Mid Handicappers
- Built to create marvelous feel around the green with fantastic distance
- High energy core creates staggering MPH on each drive with minimal spin
- One of the longest golf balls with tall ball flight and extended carry
Another delightful ball with an emphasis for increasing the length of your shots is the Callaway Superhot. The ball comes in several exciting colors and it’s personality shines with each strike as the ball’s minimal spin from the tee box coupled with optimal lift from the fairway make it a dual threat on the links.
If you are looking for one of the best distance golf balls, you’ll be hard pressed to find one better than the Callaway Superhot.
Best Value for Beginning Golfers
- High dimple count creates aerodynamic cover that reduces drag
- One of the best price per dozen for two-piece balls designed for distance
- Low spin off the tee box for better forgiveness and tight shot dispersion
If you are looking for a distance ball with a large quantity for a low price then the TaylorMade Distance+ is one to consider. The best distance golf balls is designed for speed and it creates staggering length with your favorite club.
One of the best golf balls for increasing length on a budget, the TaylorMade Distance+ is a real winner.
Best Distance Golf Balls for Low Handicappers
- Tour ball with exceptional construction that dramatically increases distance
- Wonderful feel with silky cover that provides exciting feel and response
- Best greenside control with shot-stopping power for pro performance
Another first-rate ball from Titleist, the AVX is a wonderful golf product that offers terrific complexity for advanced golfers. With the ability to work this ball in any direction, the AVX also provides fantastic distance, making it among the best distance golf balls on the market.
For golfers with single-digit handicaps looking for golf balls with a fast core that delivers speed and length, the AVX is hard to beat.
Nitro Ultimate Distance
Best Entry-Level Golf Balls for High Handicappers
- Highly durable surlyn cover is virtually cut-proof for long lasting performance
- Very long distance with inexpensive per dozen cost, great for beginners and high handicappers on a budget
- Lower compression two-piece golf balls that deliver jaw-dropping distance
The Nitro ball has long been a favorite of casual golfers on a budget. The ball features a virtually indestructible outer layer that won’t cut and that helps with providing great length off the tee box.
The Ultimate Distance from Nitro offers a firm core that helps the ball jump off the face of the club, shortening the length of second shots and putting you in a position to attack the hole. For less than the cost of a fancy coffee, you can get a dozen Nitro Ultimate Distance, making it the best entry-level option for beginners and high handicappers.
Snell MTB-X Golf Balls
Best Distance Golf Balls for Mid Handicappers
- Fun multi-piece golf balls that provide distance and accuracy with lower spin
- Great for long game with high-quality construction that translates to long distance
- Lower compression helps golfers with slow swing speeds get more length
A fan favorite, the Snell MTB-X Golf Balls offer an energetic core for additional distance with a soft cover that keeps the ball spinning at high rates when holding wedges around the putting surface. The Snell ball is a moderate flight ball that carries well and offers plenty of roll for increasing distance.
Great for mid handicappers looking for a fun ball to enjoy on the course, the Snell MTB-X is wonderfully designed and constructed.
Titleist Pro V1
Best Distance Golf Balls for High Speed Swingers
- Tour level distance ball that increases ball speed off tee box
- Longest ball off the tee for high speed swingers with multi-piece ball construction
- One of the best all-around distance balls with terrific feel and lower compression
The most popular ball on the PGA Tour is also one of the longer golf balls that amateurs can purchase. The Titleist Pro V1 is a jack-of-all-trades providing yardage off the tee and control around the cup.
With a multi-layer core, the Pro V1 offers lower spin when hitting your drives, making it one of the best distance golf balls.
Best Upgrade Distance Golf Balls for High Handicappers
- 2-piece ball with aerodynamic dimple pattern
- Light feel around the greens with deft touch
- High-quality outer cover with cut-proof durability
With a FastLayer Core, the Srixon Distance offers high handicappers an outstanding, high-quality upgrade option that adds length and accuracy from the tee box and fairway.
The ball also features an aerodynamic cover with a 324 speed dimple system with a low, piercing trajectory that creates marvelously long carry. Around the greens, the Srixon Distance also provides moderate spin with nice touch when using the putter.
Bridgestone e12 Contact
Best Distance Golf Balls for High Handicappers
- Contact Force Dimple system creates more surface contact with ball
- Low spin with long distance off tee box
- Increased spin around the putting surface
One of the longest golf balls that Bridgestone has ever produced, the e12 Contact delivers a wonderfully long ball flight that increases distance and accuracy from the tee box. Utilizing the Contact Force Dimple system that increases the surface area that contacts the driver’s face, the e12 Contact offers outstanding feel and response.
An energetic ball designed to add yards to your average drive, the e12 Contact also excels from the fairway, providing high spin that helps stop shots cold on the putting surface.
Wilson Staff DUO Professional
Best Upgrade Distance Golf Balls for Mid Handicappers
- Ultra-thin outer layer provides feel and response
- Multi-piece construction generates staggering distance
- Seamless 362 dimple pattern increases carry and length
Featured in a fun matte green color, the Wilson Staff DUO Professional ball offers a dynamic distance upgrade for mid handicappers. With a thin urethane outer layer and an energetic mantle layer, this 3-piece ball offers length and extensive carry to increase the overall distance of your drives.
Made for mid handicappers, the DUO Professional provides a high-grade experience with a bit of flair to enhance the fun of spending a day on the links.
Vice Golf White
Best Value Golf Balls for Beginning Golfers
- 2-piece golf ball with outstanding durability and cut-proof cover
- Offers increase in distance and accuracy
- Extra-long alignment line helps aim putts on green
The Vice Golf White offers a solid 2-piece ball that increases distance with power and high exit velocity. An outstanding bargain ball that remains one of the best choices for beginning golfers, this ball provides a delightful mix of performance and value.
On the green, the Vice Golf White provides a long alignment line to help provide better accuracy on each putt.
Questions & Answers
Which golf balls go the farthest?
During our testing, we found that the Titleist Velocity is the longest distance golf ball. Not only does the Velocity offer extra length, but also sophistication around the putting surface for shorter par and birdie putts.
For a distance ball, the Velocity rivals the Pro V1 for length and accuracy. Shot dispersion with the Velocity is also incredibly tight allowing you to hit more fairways with precision.
This Titleist product is one of the best balls for increasing length without sacrificing an ounce of control and spin.
Do softer golf balls go further?
These certainly go further than they did five years ago. Golf equipment manufacturers have gone to great lengths to build a two-piece ball that offers benefits to the long game and the chipping game in equal parts.
While soft golf balls might not reach the lengths of distance golf balls due to their softer core, they do test the boundaries of what reduced compression balls can do for the golfer. With either 2-piece or 3-piece construction, a soft golf ball remains one of the best options for increasing control without losing yardage off the tee box.
Which golf ball brand goes the farthest?
Titleist is the golf brand that makes balls that go the longest. With a variety of compression rates, the Titleist balls offer an energetic core structure that allows the ball to jump off the face of the club. Without losing feel, Titleist continually has created golf balls that generate speed, distance, and extended flight.
Regardless of whether you choose one of their 2-piece balls with a larger core or a multi-layer ball made with distance and spin in mind, you’ll find that Titleist routinely offers distance options that far exceed the competition.
Between low-compression and high-compression golf balls, which goes the farthest?
The compression of a golf ball depends solely on swing speed. The lowest compression balls typically have an energetic core that is larger and offers more bounce over the higher compression golf balls.
The gap between the performance of either golf ball has shrunk significantly over the past several years as manufacturers have developed ways to increase distance without losing other important features like spin or accuracy.
What illegal golf ball goes the farthest?
The Polara Self Correcting Golf Balls take the crown for the best illegal golf ball. These balls reduce the side spin that causes slices and hooks making it easily a distance ball that golfers not participating in tournaments can enjoy.
The company claims that the ball reduces the severity of a slice by up to 50% and increases distance. The ball is non-conforming to USGA rules making it illegal to play in tournaments, but for recreational golfers that just want to enjoy their round without spending hours looking for their golf balls, then the Polara is an excellent option.
Adding length to every shot on the course helps to lower your scores. By upgrading to a new golf ball specifically designed to add distance, you are giving yourself a chance to increase swing speed.
Our choice for the best golf ball for distance is the Titleist Velocity. Not only does the ball qualify as a distance ball, but it also works very well for your short game. The advanced dimple pattern reduces drag and keeps the ball flying straight and long.
Each of the distance golf balls on our list have passed the test for increasing yardage with driver and irons and offering a dynamic boost to your long game.