Best overall: Champkey Lightweight Golf Bag
“The Champkey checks all the boxes of a great Sunday bag: very lightweight, with strong & long legs, and plenty of storage, this bag is terrific value for the price – you can’t go wrong by purchasing this bag.”
Best for senior golfers: Sunday Golf Lightweight Bag
“With a convenient carry handle and strap system that helps balance the bag, lined pockets to keep your valuable safe, and lightweight – the Sunday Golf Lightweight Bag is a marvelous option for a casual senior golfer who wants to play a round.”
Best for junior golfers: Orlimar Pitch and Putt Carry Golf Bag
“The Orlimar is ultra-lightweight and comes with a two-compartment padded top that separates the clubs. Offered at an affordable price with a wide range of vibrant colors – junior golfers can’t resist the Orlimar Carry Bag.”
Are you looking for a slim & light Sunday golf bag? If so, we’ve tested the best ones for 2022.
The best Sunday bags on the market offer golfers versatility, durability, and enough storage to handle the clubs needed to make it through a round.
Today’s Sunday bags are thin and lightweight but big enough to carry 6-7 clubs to the course. We tested them with a full stand, mini stand, and no stand.
In this guide, we’ll take you through our choices of the best Sunday golf bags and what makes them worth your money and consideration.
What is the best golf Sunday bag?
Last updated on 2022-07-02. The links are affiliate links. Product images are served from Amazon Product Advertising API.
Table of Contents
- The Rundown:
- What is the best golf Sunday bag?
- Best Sunday Golf Bags
- Champkey Lightweight Golf Bag
- Sunday Golf Lightweight Bag
- Orlimar Pitch and Putt Carry Golf Bag
- Tourbon Canvas
- Ram Lightweight Carry Bag
- Jef Sunday Golf Bag
- Craftsman USA
- CaddyDaddy Ranger Golf Bag
- Titleist Stand Bag
- Longchao Sunday Golf Bag
- Titleist Premium Carry Bag
- Cobra Ultralight Sunday Bag
- Mizuno BR-D2 Carry Bag
- Champkey Lightweight Golf Bag
- How to Choose the Best Sunday Golf Bags
- Questions & Answers
- Final Thoughts
Best Sunday Golf Bags
- Best Overall: Champkey Lightweight Golf Bag
- Best for Senior Golfers: Sunday Golf Lightweight Bag
- Best for Junior Golfers: Orlimar Pitch and Putt Carry Golf Bag
- Best Classic: Tourbon Canvas
- Best for Beginners: Ram Lightweight Carry Bag
- Best Bag with Innovative Design and Storage: Jef Sunday Golf Bag
- Best for Patriotic Golfers: Craftsman USA
- Best for Traveling: CaddyDaddy Ranger Golf Bag
- Most Comfortable: Titleist Stand Bag
- Most Colorful: Longchao Sunday Golf Bag
- Best Luxury: Titleist Premium Carry Bag
- Best Lightweight: Cobra Ultralight Sunday Bag
- Best Storage: Mizuno BR-D2 Carry Bag
Champkey Lightweight Golf Bag
Best Sunday Golf Bag Overall
- Long stand legs give the bag a tall appearance and easy to reach club opening
- Five pockets for storage give golfers space for everything they need to carry
- Lightest modern Sunday golf bag on the market, clocking in under 2 pounds
- Thinner profile does restrict the number of clubs you can carry
The Champkey Lightweight Golf Bag weighs less than two pounds while offering a jaw-dropping five storage pockets. This Sunday golf bag can carry everything from extra balls to foldable rain gear.
The bag is secured by an aluminum bracket that provides outstanding support and stability. The Champkey bag also can hold anywhere from six to nine clubs, including your driver.
Backed by a money-back guarantee, the Champkey Lightweight Golf Bag checks a lot of boxes, offering outstanding value with excellent reliability.
Sunday Golf Lightweight Bag
Best Sunday Bags for Senior Golfers
- Less than two pounds in weight helps keep you fresh throughout the round
- Long stand legs keep the bag stable when used on the range for quick access to clubs
- Lined valuables pocket keeps your electronics and other personal items secure and safe
- Only holds roughly six clubs, would like to see the capacity for just a few more
Sunday Golf has created a durable and high-performing golf bag worthy of bearing the name. The Sunday Golf Lightweight Bag is one of the lightest Sunday golf bags on the market.
The storage is first-rate with a long zippered pocket and a water bottle accessory enclosure.
A very convenient carry handle and strap system help balance the bag. The Sunday Golf Lightweight Bag is an excellent option for a casual round at your local club.
Orlimar Pitch and Putt Carry Golf Bag
Best Sunday Bags for Junior Golfers
- Durable carry handle lifts clubs quickly for easy to shoulder with a strong strap system
- Opening of the bag reaches over four inches for a wide area to store clubs
- Two-compartment top keeps woods and irons separated for less wear
- Lightweight design does lean a bit flimsy at times, but stand legs help stabilize
The Orlimar Pitch and Putt Carry Golf Bag offers outstanding performance with a wide range of colors that provide a vibrant experience on the links. The bag features a tall profile with long stand legs that keep the bag off the wet grass and offers quick access to your clubs.
Lightweight and agile, the Orlimar bag comes at an affordable price and has several useful features. The handle is sturdy and offers easy lifting to help get the bag on your shoulder in seconds.
Best Classic Sunday Golf Bag
- Classic canvas look is great for golfers who want old school traditional Sunday bag
- Padded lining keeps clubs protected without adding weight
- Weighs less than two pounds for an extra lightweight experience
- Classic look might not be desired for golfers who like modern
The Tourbon Canvas is perfect for the golfer looking to capture a classic look for the lightweight bag. While the bag might not provide some of the modern creature comforts, it does give a canvas foundation with a padded lining.
Weighing less than two pounds, the Tourbon bag comes in either a green or black color. The bag has a large pocket toward the bottom that stores at least a half-dozen golf balls. Also, the wide strap does a terrific job of balancing the bag on your shoulder.
Ram Lightweight Carry Bag
Best Sunday Gold Bags for Beginners
- Clean look with a divided padded area for up to 6-9 clubs
- Durable carry handle coupled with sturdy stand legs provide an excellent base
- Accessories pocket and corded bottle holder provide plenty of storage
- Leans a bit toward the slight and thin side, don’t expect heavy-duty carrying with this bag
The Ram Lightweight Carry Bag offers a delightful experience with room for several clubs and a long pocket for plenty of storage. Although the strap is far too narrow, this bag is simple to carry and won’t burden you with over 18 holes.
Although the bag might not allow you to carry close to ten clubs, it delivers strength with the long tube. Great for use on or off the course, the Ram Lightweight Carry Bag is an ideal bag for beginners.
Jef Sunday Golf Bag
Best Sunday Golf Bag with Innovative Design and Storage
- Water bottle attachment for carrying your hydration securely
- Very lightweight, weighing only two pounds for easy carrying on the course
- Offers a tall profile with stand legs and an eight-club capacity
- Bag material is very thin and could tear easily
The Jef accommodates up to eight clubs, providing storage in a lightweight package. The Jef bag weighs just over two pounds and has a 4.25-inch top with room for around eight clubs at maximum capacity.
The bag’s foundational material is a little thin and could potentially tear down the road. But with the zippered pocket and water bottle enclosure, this allows you to carry everything you need on the course.
Another lightweight home run, offering more than adequate storage, a tall profile, and an opening wide enough to carry plenty of clubs.
Best Sunday Bags for Patriotic Golfers
- Holds up to 10 clubs with ease, even handles longer drivers
- Zippered pocket on the outside of the bag holds golf balls, tees, and gloves with room to spare
- Big strap system keeps the bag balanced on your shoulder
- The patriotic design could push away golfers looking for a more muted exterior
The Craftsman USA Sunday Carry Bag can hold up to ten clubs behind the strength of its water-resistant polyester shell. The carry bag is very long compared to other Sunday bags as it holds clubs that measure up to 49-inches.
The Craftsman bag is enclosed, making it another Sunday bag that can travel on a plane. Highlighted by its lightweight design, the Craftsman USA Sunday Carry Bag offers exceptional value and performance.
CaddyDaddy Ranger Golf Bag
Best Sunday Golf Bag for Traveling
- Three zippered pockets and large hood cover for protecting clubs
- Five-inch rigid tube keeps clubs protected, especially when traveling
- Lockable zipper makes the bag safe for flying without worrying that someone will tear into the bag
- Larger Sunday bag, but definitely a great one for traveling
The Ranger provides a little more than your average Sunday bag. The Ranger bag offers enough safety and assurance that you can take this bag on a plane.
The bag features a one-year replacement warranty that will cover any damage to the bag caused by flying.
Although the Ranger bag is a little large for a Sunday bag, this is the best bag on our list for traveling. With the lockable zippers and the padded top, you can rest assured that your clubs will stay safe with the Ranger Bag.
Titleist Stand Bag
Most Comfortable Sunday Golf Bag
- Comes with a matching rain hood to protect your clubs
- Side pocket offers deep storage without weighing down the bag
- Excellent stand legs for high profile, great for taller golfers
- Only stores 3-4 clubs, great for Par 3 course or golfers who need a lighter bag
The Titleist Stand Bag is the best bag for senior golfers. Everything you’d expect from a Titleist product is here, from fine craftsmanship to exceptional quality. Great for par 3 courses, the Titleist Stand Bag can only carry 3-4 clubs.
The stand bag from Titleist offers all the exceptional performance of an advanced Sunday bag with a lightweight design that carries well and won’t burden you as you walk the course.
Longchao Sunday Golf Bag
Most Colorful Sunday Golf Bag for Junior Golfers
- Several colorful options bring the bag’s appearance to life with flair
- Long mesh pocket on the side of the bag help carry golf balls or water bottle
- Durable carry handle with stand legs helps get the bag onto your shoulder fast
- Top compartment has a large separator that gets in the way of storing clubs
The Longchao provides a vibrant and colorful option for all golfers, especially at the junior level. The lightweight bag can hold up to seven clubs and carries a large zippered pocket that holds up to a dozen golf balls.
The Longchao gives you several useful features while offering a lightweight option for walking the course.
- High-quality ultra-light design
- Unique top design with mini legs to keep clubs dry
- External water bottle sleeve
- Does not have a stand
Titleist’s Premium Carry Bag offers a lightweight bag that provides a comfortable carry on the course. Highlighted by the wide opening, full-length apparel pocket, and external water bottle pocket, the Titleist bag offers an affordable price for a top-flight bag.
Cobra Ultralight Sunday Bag
Best Lightweight Sunday Golf Bag
- 3-Way top with full-length club dividers
- Oversized apparel pocket runs full-length of the bag
- Two long sturdy fiberglass legs
The Cobra Ultralight Sunday Bag offers a 3-Way top with full-length club dividers that carry up to eight clubs. Featuring several worthwhile pockets, such as an oversized apparel pocket, a fleece-lined valuables pocket, and a mesh beverage pocket.
Weighing just one pound, the Cobra Ultralight bag remains a top-tier standout.
Mizuno BR-D2 Carry Bag
Best Storage Sunday Bag
- Dual-shoulder strap system provides a comfortable carry
- Water-resistant coated underbelly to keep clubs dry
- 4-Way top with full-length dividers
With two full-length club dividers and an expansive 4-Way top, the Mizuno BR-D2 Carry Bag offers plenty of storage with luxury. With two mini-legs and a dual-strap system, the Carry Bag is easy to get on, easy to get off on the course.
The best feature of the Mizuno bag is the water-resistant coated underbelly. Although you don’t want to set the bag on the wet grass, if it happens, you’ll know that your clubs are protected and will stay dry.
How to Choose the Best Sunday Golf Bags
All golfers want the best Sunday golf bags that are lightweight and does not burden their shoulders and back while walking the course. Since you are only carrying 6-9 clubs during your round, the Sunday bag works as a compact vessel to ensure you have everything you need.
The best ones weigh less than three pounds but still offer enough storage for a few golf balls and tees. Remember, the point of a Sunday bag is to enjoy the game without clutter. Instead of taking a cart, the Sunday bag allows you to get fresh air and exercise while enjoying the great game.
Since most Sunday bags will be lifted and placed on the ground a couple of hundred times per round, it is essential that the bag stays durable over time. Even the best Sunday golf bags can wear down in several areas, so you must check those spots on the bag before each round.
The shoulder strap is the number one accessory of a bag that could wear down and cause you to carry your clubs for the remainder of the round.
Another area worth looking at is the opening of the bag. The clubs will come into contact with this section, and you don’t want the fabric to give way to a metal ring that could scratch or weaken the hosels of your clubs.
A few of the best golf bags offer more versatility than the simpler models. Manufacturers have recently toyed with creating smaller, more compact Sunday bags that rival carry bags. These new golf bags have more room for accessories and more compartments and separation for clubs.
If you are in the market for an advanced golf bag, one of the best features to consider is the mini-kickstand that can keep your clubs off the grass. If you love to play in the morning, then you know that wet grass can cover your bag. A small kickstand can help avoid this problem and keep your bag and clubs dry throughout the round.
You should never expect much storage on a bag, but you still need pockets to carry a few balls and tees during your round. When we judge storage for our evaluation, we are looking for innovative ways that the bag stores those necessities.
Reducing weight and keeping your bag light is also a design feature. The best ones on the market all use their storage compartments intelligently. Rather than bog your bag down with excessive weight, the pockets help balance and redistribute the load for a more balanced carry.
You should always note how the pockets are located on the bag and how that could affect your carry, and the burden it places upon you during the round.
All cannot function without the shoulder strap. No one wants to be carrying the bag like luggage during their round. So, you want to make sure that the strap stays secure and unfrayed.
The last thing you want is a thin strap that doesn’t hold well to the shoulder. A golf bag that constantly slips down onto your arm is incredibly annoying and misses the point of what the bag should do in the first place.
When evaluating the strap design, we are looking for function and reliability. We want to quickly set the strap to our desired length and for it to provide a solid hold throughout the round.
The top of the Sunday bag has dividers that separate clubs. Since the bag has a low carrying capacity, somewhere around 6-8 clubs, it is important to keep the clubs off of each other while walking the course.
Usually, Sunday bags have one divider in the middle of the bag’s opening. Each half can carry three to four clubs with room to spare. Well-made Sunday bags also offer dividers that protect the hosel and shaft of each club.
The size of a Sunday bag must be compact and streamlined to make it easy to carry. Since a Sunday bag is made to hold fewer clubs, it must meet several requirements. The bag needs storage for tees and balls, a comfortable strap system, and a lightweight build to make it simple to move around the course.
By offering an efficient design, a Sunday bag can hold clubs and accessories with minimal weight burden on the golfer.
Sunday bags are affordable, primarily because they don’t need extravagant design, materials, or construction to be useful.
Since they are lightweight and minimal, manufacturers can keep the production costs of a Sunday bag lower to pass the savings on to the golfer. Most Sunday bags are a fraction of the cost of a typical cart or stand bag.
Questions & Answers
What is a Sunday bag in golf?
It is a lightweight bag that only carries a few clubs. Primarily designed to help you walk the golf course without the burden of having a full golf bag, the Sunday bag typically weighs less than three pounds.
It usually also has a couple of pockets for balls and tees. Some advanced Sunday bags may have larger pockets for a towel or golf gloves.
The Sunday bag functions as a great tool to help you get exercise while playing golf. You won’t be burdened by a heavy carry that can cause you to tire quickly. Instead, the lightweight bag allows you to focus on your game.
How many clubs fit in a Sunday golf bag?
Most carry anywhere from six to nine clubs. Again, this aims to reduce weight and allow you to walk the course without carrying a few dozen pounds of clubs and accessories.
Golfers who routinely play with Sunday golf bags typically carry a driver, a hybrid, a few irons, a wedge and a putter. You have to be more inventive when you play with a Sunday bag. Since you won’t have every club at your disposal, it is wise to learn different shots with the same club to meet the demands of the course.
Our choice for the best overall Sunday bag is the Champkey Lightweight Golf Bag. Weighing less than two pounds, the Champkey bag offers five pockets for everything from your golf balls, tees, and rain gear.
The bag also features two stand legs to keep the Champkey off the grass, leaving your clubs dry, even in the morning, and can carry up to nine clubs.
The best Sunday golf bags offer a lightweight design with premium features. Ideal for walking the golf course without carrying much weight, a worthwhile Sunday bag can reduce the strain on a golfer, keeping them fresh throughout a round.